Are you looking to compare medical alert systems and want a clear path to good results? Here are some simple guidelines to make the process smooth for you and your loved ones.
(1) Do you want an in-home system or a mobile system? For people who are more mobile, a cellular-based system will be the better option. For people who are mainly at home, an in-home system will work fine. Check to make sure the range of the home-based unit is large enough for your home.
(2) The best med alert brands will not make you sign a long-term contract. Consider, for example, if you’re hard of hearing and you can’t hear the two-way speaker on the med alert you purchased clearly enough. You’ll want to return it and get a different product. Make sure that you don’t sign a long-term contract. Also, make sure that you read the fine print on return policies for the equipment. Some companies will require you to return equipment in its original packaging.
(3) Make sure to do your research first and compare medical alert system prices, features, benefits, and more. Compare all the top brands, then narrow it down to two or three brands you want to focus on. Then you can contact those brands for more information.
(1) Retail stores. You can purchase some medical alert brands at “big box” retail stores like Best Buy. While these stores do offer medical alert systems, you won’t get very detailed help in your process of buying one. Unless you’ve done your research ahead of time, this experience might be a daunting one. You also risk encountering a pushy salesperson and being rushed into a decision.
(2) Online. You can also purchase a personal emergency response system online via certain retailers. On websites like Amazon, you can compare prices and read customer reviews, which can be helpful. But buying this way can still be like navigating a maze.
(3) Directly from the company. You may also purchase directly from the medical alert company, which will have an expert available who knows the ins and outs of their system. After researching the top brands, you can narrow it down to a few and explore their websites or give them a call. Some sites even have a live chat feature where you can message someone on their site.
The important thing is for you to gain safety and assurance of round-the-clock personal emergency response assistance in your home. There are many options in medical alert systems, such as in-home, mobile, or even smartwatches. Do you want extra options like fall detection and carbon monoxide monitoring? Make your choice wisely by doing some research beforehand.
The process shouldn’t take too long as you compare the top medical alert brands and make your selection. Most med alerts come with a monthly fee, which can range from around $20 to $50 or more per month. Some brands charge extra for more advanced equipment. A simple landline system is usually the least expensive option and the simplest to set up. You simply plug it into an outlet and plug it into your phone jack. Home landline systems should have a large enough range to cover your whole home, but check beforehand to make sure.
Once you’ve narrowed it down to your top three, some key questions you might want to research or ask the company are:
After you’ve asked the important questions, consider whether you want the following features.
As most know, good customer service can make a world of difference when picking a product.
In the beginning, it’s hard to know which service provides the best customer service and support. Sales reps are always kind and friendly during the ordering process, but if you ever have a technical question after purchasing, a lot of companies may try to rush you off the phone.
Before doing business with a company that you’re unfamiliar with, look at their reviews. Try to find reviews that are unbiased, unfiltered, and unedited. Outside third-party resources can be great tools when doing your research. Make sure to look out for companies with a lot of bad reviews AS WELL AS too many good ones. Companies with the latter could be hiding the bad reviews and giving a skewed perspective of the way their company functions.
You don’t want your loved ones to be left in an unsafe situation. Don’t wait until it’s too late before purchasing a medical alert system. Prepare by starting your research now so that you can quickly make a decision when the time is right. Compare medical alert systems today.